31st March 2016

 Present: Cllrs. A. Lagden, S. Marshall, B. Dunn, and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  1. Apologies: Cllrs: S. Sykes, G. Spurdens.

6 members of the public attended the meeting.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr A. Lagden and Seconded by Cllr B. Dunn.
  1. Matters Arising:
  • The missing stone on the bridge: deferred until next meeting
  • The Transparency Fund: the Clerk reported that the application had been successful, a laptop had been purchased and the website was close to completion.
  • Pointing on War Memorial; deferred until next meeting
  1. Accounts: Cllr Lagden led the committee in agreeing rates for the Precept for next year. The Clerk had submitted the Precept. Financial paperwork will be given to Mr John Ransome for auditing.
  1. Highways: Cllr Marshall informed the meeting that Mr Ralph Horn has asked her to investigate the possibility of hand held speeding monitors. She had contacted the police who said that these had not been successful and there are no plans to use them in this area. However, local community officers will arrange checks in the village.
  1. Planning: Following the letter objecting to the proposed housing development on the field in front of the church a local planning councillor had arranged to visit the meeting. However, unfortunately he did not arrive in time for the meeting. It was agreed that members would wait for his arrival.
  1. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct. Weekly lists. Queen’s 90th birthday medal: it was decided not to pursue this. Hanging basket regulations: n/a Newsletters from YLCA Opportunities for funding bulletin White Rose Newsletter. Register of Electors Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group. Community Infrastructure Levy – the Clerk will write to say we wish to keep any monies.
  1. Any Other Business: Once the website is live, it was agreed to produce and distribute a flier giving the website address and new email address.
  1. Date of next meeting and AGM: Thursday 26th May 2016 at 7.00 and 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 7.50pm.

28th January 2016

 1. Present: Cllrs. A. Lagden, S. Marshall, S. Sykes, B. Dunn, G. Spurdens and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.

2. There were no apologies.

No members of the public attended the meeting.

3. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr S. Sykes and Seconded by Cllr G. Spurdens.

4. Matters Arising:

  • The missing stone on the bridge: Cllr Sykes reported that he is waiting as was agreed until the spring to repair the bridge.
  • Village pump: Cllr Sykes reported that he had arranged for Steve Collins a local builder, to repair the Pump. It was agreed that he had done a good job. Cllr Sykes will remove the soil and Cllr Marshall will collect the receipt.
  • Repair of Common Piece Lane and rents: Cllr Marshall reported that rents of £186 have been collected. Cllr Lagden had received an enquiry for a garage. There are no spare allotments or garages and she is holding the waiting list.
  • The Transparency Fund: the Clerk reported that an application had been made meeting the 14 th January deadline. A decision is expected in 2 months’ time.

5. Accounts: Cllr Lagden led the committee in agreeing rates for the Precept for next year.

ACTION: The Clerk will submit these when the paperwork has been received. The Clerk will submit expenses.

6. Highways: Cllr Marshall informed the meeting that there have now been 5 accidents on the corner by the bridge this year alone. She has again contacted WMDC but although they have a record of her previous call, no action has been forthcoming. It was noted that the ditch has been dug very close to the road which makes the situation even worse. The last minutes record that the Highways inspector was intending to visit but he has not contacted her, as was arranged.

ACTION: It was agreed that all members of the committee would contact the WMDC action line and try and raise the profile of this accident hotspot and the need for chevrons on the corner.

7. Planning: A letter was written and sent by the Clerk objecting to the proposed housing development on the field in front of the church. Nothing has yet been heard. There were no further planning issues.

8. Correspondence:

  • Clerks and Councils Direct.
  • Weekly lists
  • An application was made to the Transparency Code for the January 14 th deadline.
  • Queen’s 90 th birthday beacon: it was decided not to pursue this.
  • Hanging basket regulations: n/a
  • Procurement of Audit factsheet
  • Newsletters from YLCA re. Change in auditing requirements: ACTION: Cllr Marshall will contact Mr Ransome for advice. Decision needed by 31.3.16
  • YLCA membership subscriptions rise
  • Opportunities for funding bulletin
  • White Rose newsletter.
  • Visit to waste disposal unit: Cllr Sykes informed.
  • Wakefield Branch meeting
  • Information on role of combined authorities
  • Register of Electors
  • WMDC residential design guide
  • Agenda for town and parish council liaison group
  • Business relief scheme

9. Any Other Business:

Cllr Sykes reported that Mr Roy Donaldson has asked that pointing work be arranged for the war memorial. Records were checked, and as work was undertaken in 2014, it was decided that Cllr Sykes will keep an eye on the memorial and will arrange for Steve Collins to repair if needed.

10. Date of next meeting: Thursday 31 st March 2016 at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 8.20pm.

21st May 2015 AGM

 MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

21st May 2015    7.00pm

  1. Present: A. Lagden, G. Spurdens, S. Marshall, S. Sykes, and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.

Ms J. Kendall accepted the position of Clerk to the Parish Council.

  1. Apologies: B. Dunn.

No member of the public attended the meeting.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read and signed as a true record by Cllr S. Sykes. Proposed: Cllr G. Spurdens and seconded by Cllr S. Marshall.
  1. Election of Chairman: Cllr S. Marshall was proposed by Cllr G. Spurdens and seconded by Cllr. S. Sykes. Cllr S. Marshall accepted the position of chairman.
  1. Matters Arising:
  1. Accounts: Cllr A. Lagden presented the accounts.

Section 1: Statement of accounts was accepted and signed by Cllr A. Lagden and Cllr S. Sykes.

Section 2: Annual Governance Statement was signed and dated by Cllr S. Sykes and retired Clerk Mrs M. Sykes.

The accounts were prepared by Mr J. Ransom. It was proposed by Cllr. S. Sykes and seconded by Cllr. A. Lagden that we continue with Mr Ransome as accountant. The accounts are displayed on the Parish Council Notice Board.

  1. Review of Rents for the allotments and garages and Common Piece: It was decided that rent of the allotments be raised by £1 to £7 and £8 for the small and large plots respectively, the garages to be raised by £5 to £20, and the Common Piece by £5 from £55 to £60.
  1. Any Other Business:

None.

The out-going chairman Cllr Sykes thanked the committee for their guidance and work on behalf of the village during the year.

Cllr. Spurden thanked Cllr. S. Sykes and Mrs M. Sykes on behalf of the Parish Council for their hard work and commitment as Chairman and Clerk.

The meeting closed at 7.25pm.