MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

25th May 2017    7.00pm

Present: A. Lagden, S. Marshall, S. Sykes, B. Dunn and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.

Apologies: G. Spurdens

Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read and signed as a true record by Cllr S. Marshall. Proposed: Cllr S. Sykes and seconded by Cllr S. Marshall.

Election of Chair: Cllr S. Marshall was proposed by Cllr S. Sykes and seconded by Cllr. A. Lagden. Cllr S. Marshall accepted the position of chairman.

Matters Arising: None

Accounts: Cllr A. Lagden presented the accounts.

Section 1: Annual Governance Statement was signed and dated by Cllr S. Marshall and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.

Section 2: Statement of accounts was accepted and signed by Cllr A. Lagden and Cllr S. Marshall.

The accounts were prepared by Mr J. Ransome. It was proposed by Cllr. S. Sykes and seconded by Cllr. A. Lagden that we continue with Mr Ransome as accountant. It was explained that the precept was reduced this year. The grant for the website had been received which had raised the balance of the account. The accounts will be displayed on the Parish Council Notice Board by Cllr. Lagden who will also chase up an electronic copy of the accounts. The Clerk will upload the finances to the website.

Review of Rents for the allotments, garages and Common Piece: It was decided that there would be no change in rental.

Any Other Business: The village hall rental has been raised to £60 per hour.

The meeting closed at 7.20pm.

30th March 2017

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

  1. Present: S. Marshall, B. Dunn, A. Lagden and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  2. Apologies: Cllr G. Spurdens. Absent: Cllr. S. Sykes

No member of the public attended the meeting.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr S. Marshall and Seconded: Cllr B. Dunn.
  2. Matters Arising:
    1. Missing stone on the bridge: no progress as yet.
    2. Transparency Code funding: £120 has been applied for, no news to report.
    3. Website compliance: as no information had been received from Cllr Sykes, necessary information was collated from members for uploading to the website.
    4. Drainage concerns: the work to unblock the gullies along Darrington road had been guaranteed to be completed by 31.1.17 but as yet is still on-going. This has been a problem since November 2016. Apparently the main drain has collapsed.
  3. Accounts: Cllr Lagden reported that the 2017 Precept was returned on 27thMembership of YLCA and the Domain renewal was paid.
  4. Highways: See Matters Arising above.
  5. Planning: No news.
  6. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct, Weekly planning lists, Newsletters from YLCA, White Rose Newsletter, YLCA funding update, Register of Electors, Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group, Wakefield branch meeting details.
    • Emails x2 asking about booking of village hall – referred to Mrs Anne Stark.
    • External Auditor notification – to be given to Mr John Ransome.
    • Charity event at St Giles Church on 16thMay displayed on Parish notice board.
    • Request for a memorial tree for Mr Patrick Cuthbert on Sandy Gate Lane – Clerk will reply to say this was agreed but as there is some confusion over Parish boundaries, to contact WMDC for further advice.
    • Request for a memorial for Mr John Ashworth – proposal to place a seat at the entrance to Common Piece Lane and move the flower tub to make room for this – Cllr Marshall will oversee.
    • Better Broadband notification – does not apply to our post code.
    • Letter from YLCA requesting precept constraint. Our Precept request has already been sent and the committee felt that restraint had been made.
    • Letter from YLCA giving information on 2015 uncontested election expenses.
    • YLCA Good Councillor Guide booklets – members have copies already.
    • Notification for website domain renewal.
  7. Any Other Business: None
  8. Date of next Meeting and AGM: Thursday 25thMay 2017 at 7.00pm.

The meeting closed at 8.35pm.

26th JANUARY 2017

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

  1. Present: S. Marshall, B. Dunn, S. Sykes, A. Lagden and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  2. Apologies: Cllr G. Spurdens.

No member of the public attended the meeting.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr S. Sykes and Seconded: Cllr B. Dunn.
  2. Matters Arising:
    1. Missing stone on the bridge: no progress.
    2. Planning – drainage concerns: letters were written to both Yorkshire Water and WMDC. Replies were received stating that drainage is not a concern.
    3. Horse Chestnut tree by pump: no progress
    4. Land by 1 Northleigh: nothing further has been heard.
    5. Compliant re tipping on Common land with photos of damage to path and drainage: this was followed-up by Cllr Marshall who contacted both parties and has resolved the issue. A letter was written on 11thShe suggested that the path is levelled and hard core is laid to ensure that the path is retained at the bottom of the Common.
  3. Accounts: Cllr Lagden reported on the current bank balance account. The Clerk informed the meeting that there are some outstanding expenses relating to the Transparency Fund.
  4. Highways: Missing countdown markers: Cllr Sykes had contacted WMDC but as yet no action has been taken.  Cllr Sykes reported that the ground is sinking by the paddock. Cllr Marshall reported that the gully has been blocked and has been reported at least five times. The manhole cover is full of silt and she has been assured that this will be repaired within a month.
  5. Planning:  See Matters Arising above.
  6. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct, Weekly lists, Newsletters from YLCA, White Rose Newsletter, Register of Electors, Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group, Wakefield branch meeting details.
    • Emails x2 asking about booking of village hall.
    • Community defibullator notification – there is a first responder in the village.
    • Buses: notification from Clerk of Thorpe Audlin and WMDC that the Stagecoach service is being discontinued. This will be taken over by M Travel but it was noted that there will be only 2 services to East Hardwick both running in the mornings.
    • Auditor appointment – further details to follow.
    • Notification of YLCA membership.
    • Website Compliance. A guidance letter from YLCA was discussed. Further funding can be applied for from the Transparency Fund to run the website. Cllr. Sykes agreed to collate the necessary information required by the Transparency Fund to be displayed on the website. The Clerk will ensure that the required materials/ information is uploaded.
    • Community Speedwatch Scheme – 8 volunteers have been recruited to use the Smiley face equipment to monitor speeding in the village. This equipment will come to the area for a limited time.
  7. Any Other Business:  The Precept for 2017 was discussed and agreed. The Clerk will submit this.
  8. Date of next Meeting: Thursday 30thMarch 2017 at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 8.35pm.

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

24th November 2016

  1. Present: Cllrs. S. Marshall, B. Dunn, S. Sykes and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  2. Apologies: Cllrs. A. Lagden, G. Spurdens.

One member of the public attended the meeting.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr B. Dunn and Seconded: Cllr S. Marshall.
  2. Matters Arising:   Missing stone on the bridge: Steve Collins had been asked to replace the missing stone and is searching for a suitable stone.
  3. Accounts: The Precept return will be due soon.
  4. Highways: Missing countdown markers: Cllr Sykes has contacted WMDC but no action has been taken.  Cllr Marshall asked the Clerk to reply to Paul Potts re grit supplies.  Cllr Marshall reported that new signage on Church Lane had been put up in response to her request and the hole in the road by the paddock where a cyclist had fallen was repaired on the same evening as it was reported.
  5. Planning: Cllr Marshall reported that a letter had been written objecting to further proposals to further develop the paddock and build 2 more houses. The letter had been circulated to all residents but there had been no response. The PC recognises that the church is an integral part of the village and that the paddock is now in poor repair. Concerns are over the appearance of the development and the lack of communication with regard to changing of their plans. A letter had been received suggesting that the PC contacts the Water Board and WMDC to raise concerns about drainage in the village and the impact of new developments locally on the water treatment plant. The Clerk was asked to follow this up.
  6. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct, Weekly lists, Newsletters from YLCA, White Rose Newsletter, Register of Electors, Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group, Wakefield branch meeting details.
  • Email asking about booking of village hall.
  • Email asking about history of a local farm.
  • Email asking about ownership of school.
  • Pontefract and Knottingley Area Plan – will be added to website.
  • Rotary Club Purple4Polio – two and a half thousand crocuses were planted by the village pump in October. Photos are on the website.
  • Village hall notification of waste collection change of day.
  • Email from WMDC re request to purchase allotment adjacent to 1 Northleigh – the Clerk emailed to say the land is not for sale. WMCD emailed in reply to say that this land is leased by the PC. Cllr Marshall will check.
  1. Any Other Business: Cllr. Sykes raised concern that following the quick felling of the horse chestnut by the pump, complaints have now been made to WMDC by a local resident over the size of the remaining tree – he will follow up with WMDC and will tread carefully.
  2. Date of next Meeting: Thursday 24thJanuary 2017 at 7.30pm.
  • The meeting closed at 8.20pm.

29th September 2016

  • Present: A. Lagden, G. Spurdens, S. Marshall, B. Dunn, and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  • Apologies: Cllr. S. Sykes.

No member of the public attended the meeting.

Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr B. Dunn and Seconded by Cllr G. Spurdens.

  1. Matters Arising:
    1. Missing stone on the bridge: Steve Collins had been asked to replace the stone but was concerned that that he wold be unable to do the job properly.
    2. Transparency Fund: the Clerk reported that the website is being used. The grant for further funding would be applied for which this year covers time.
  2. Accounts: Cllr  Lagden completed the renewal of insurance. The annual return from the external auditors has been received. There were 2 comments: a note about the value of computer assets for next year and incorrect postage.  Cllr Lagden will display the notice of conclusion of audit. The clerk will return the satisfaction survey.
  3. Highways: Missing countdown markers: No progress has been made by WMDC. Cllr Marshall reported that there is sufficient store of grit.
  4. Planning: Cllr Marshall reported that the proposed development of the paddock was approved in June.
  5. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct, Weekly lists, Newsletters from YLCA, White Rose Newsletter, Register of Electors, Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group, Wakefield branch meeting details.
    • Eggborough power station consultation – notice was given on the website
    • West Yorkshire Bus and Transport survey – notice placed on the website
    • Email from resident about slow broadband in the village – the Clerk will answer referring to previous correspondence querying the poor service.
    • Email from resident requesting grazing land for sheep – the clerk will reply to say that no PC land is available for livestock.
    • Email from resident drawing attention to the transport survey – Clerk will reply.
    • Email from the Water Board requesting information about PC boundaries. No-one is aware of a boundary map. The boundary runs this side of the Little Went. The Clerk had consulted and replied.
    • NALC Developing Capacity Survey – it was decided that this does not apply.
  6. Any Other Business: Cllr Marshall reported that the council mower had broken the window on the phone box and Trevor Nichol had kindly repaired this free of charge. The clerk had written to thank him and added a note to the website.                        Cllr Dunn wishes to stand down. The implications were discussed and members of the committee will continue to ascertain interest.
  7. Date of next Meeting: Thursday 24thNovember 2016 at 7.30pm.

The meeting closed at 8.20pm.

26th May 2016

  1. Present: A. Lagden, G. Spurdens, S. Marshall, S. Sykes, and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  2. Apologies: Cllr. B. Dunn.

No member of the public attended the meeting.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr S. Marshall and Seconded by Cllr A. Lagden.
  2. Matters Arising:
    1. Missing stone on the bridge: Cllr Sykes has the stone ready. It was agreed that he would contact Steve Collins for an estimate for work to replace the stone.
    2. Transparency Fund: the Clerk reported that the website is now live. A flier had been delivered to parish residents. An offer of a grant for further funding had been received and it was agreed that this would be followed up.
    3. War Memorial Pointing: Cllr Sykes reported that this has been checked and there are no problems.
  3. Accounts: Cllr A. Lagden presented the accounts at the AGM.
  4. Highways:
  5. Missing countdown markers: Cllr Sykes will contact WMDC with regard to reinstalling the markers which are lying in the ditch.
  6. Reported blocked drains at Church Lane: Cllr. Marshall will contact WMDC with regard to necessary repair. In future, parishioners will be advised to ring WMDC if they have a concern.
  7. Planning: Cllr Marshall reported that we are still waiting to hear from the planning officer with regard to the proposed development of the paddock.
  8. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct, Weekly lists. Newsletters from YLCA, White Rose Newsletter, Register of Electors, Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group, Wakefield branch annual meeting, YLCA annual review request for photos, New external audit regime, New Clerk’s training event. The address for the website was sent to YLCA.
  9. Any Other Business:
  10. Marshall reported that Roy Donaldson has contacted the British Legion through the website for a toolkit to mark the 100thanniversary of the Battle of the Somme at the war memorial on 30th June 2016.
  11. Marshall suggested a campaign to raise interest in membership of the committee. The Clerk will add this to the website.
  12. Date of next Meeting: Thursday 28thJuly at 7.30pm. The meeting closed at 8.00pm.

26th May 2016 AGM

 DRAFT MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
    1. Present: A. Lagden, G. Spurdens, S. Marshall, S. Sykes, and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
    1. Apologies: B. Dunn.

    No member of the public attended the meeting.

    1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read and signed as a true record by Cllr S. Marshall. Proposed: Cllr S. Sykes and seconded by Cllr G. Spurdens.
    1. Election of Chairman: Cllr S. Marshall was proposed by Cllr S. Sykes and seconded by Cllr. G. Spurdens. Cllr S. Marshall accepted the position of chairman.
    1. Matters Arising:
    1. Accounts: Cllr A. Lagden presented the accounts.

    Section 1: Annual Governance Statement was signed and dated by Cllr S. Marshall and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.

    Section 2: Statement of accounts was accepted and signed by Cllr A. Lagden and Cllr S. Marshall.

    The accounts were prepared by Mr J. Ransom. It was proposed by Cllr. S. Sykes and seconded by Cllr. A. Lagden that we continue with Mr Ransome as accountant. The accounts will be displayed on the Parish Council Notice Board by Cllr. Lagden who will also chase up an electronic copy of the accounts. The Clerk will then upload the finances to the website.

    1. Review of Rents for the allotments, garages and Common Piece: It was decided that there would be no change in rental.
    1. Any Other Business:

    Cllr. S. Sykes thanked Cllr. S. Marshall and Ms J.Kendall on behalf of the Parish Council for their hard work and commitment as Chairman and Clerk. Cllr Sykes then thanked the committee for their hard work on behalf of the village over the year.

    The meeting closed at 7.25pm.