MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

26th November 2018

Meeting cancelled

25th July 2018

25 07 2018 Minutes

30th May 2018

30.5.18 PC meeting minutes

AGM 30th May 2018

30.5.18 AGM PC

March 2018

28.3.18 PC meeting minutes

January 2018

Meeting cancelled

30th November 2017

30.11.17 PC meeting minutes

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

28th September 2017

  1. Present: Cllrs. S. Marshall, B. Dunn, A. Lagden and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  2. Apologies: Cllr G. Spurdens.

No member of the public attended the meeting.

  1. Casual Vacancy: Cllr. S Marshall proposed that Mrs Frances Pearce fill this vacancy. This was seconded by Cllr B Dunn. Cllr Pearce was welcomed to the meeting. The Clerk will notify WMDC of this appointment.
  2. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr B. Dunn and Seconded: Cllr S. Marshall.
  3. Matters Arising:
  • Missing stone on bridge has now been replaced at a cost of £60. It has been initialled and dated on the back.
  • Transparency Fund: the Clerk reported that a funding bid for 2017 has been submitted.
  • Cllr F. Pearce agreed to check the website for compliance. The Clerk will send her the guidance letter from YMCA for reference.
  1. Accounts: Cllr Lagden reported that the insurance has been paid £456.00. This covers the pump shed, war memorial, bus shelters, notice board, and hand rail on the war memorial. The Annual Return has been passed by the External auditors.
  2. Highways: Drainage concerns: the blocked gullies along Darrington road are still blocked, despite the wok over the summer. Cllr Marshall will report this to WMDC. Cllr Marshall reported that grit supplies are low and she will order further supplies from WMDC.
  3. Planning: Cllr Marshall reported that an appeal to the planning inspectorate has been made by the applicant for the proposed development on the paddock requesting 2 dwellings and residential curtilage (gardens and parking). Further objections have been requested, representations must be made by October 12th. It was agreed that the initial objection by the PC has not changed so no further comments will be made.
  4. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct, Weekly planning lists, Newsletters from YLCA, White Rose Newsletter, Register of Electors, Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group, Wakefield branch meeting details. Notice of the Casual Vacancy. Submission to the Transparency Fund.
  5. Any Other Business:
  • Cllr Marshall has ordered the wreathe.
  • Cllr Marshall has liaised with Mrs A Stark re siting of a storage cupboard for PC past papers in the village hall. Cllr Lagden and Cllr Marshall will meet to source a suitable lockable cupboard.
  • Footpaths: Cllr Pearce reported that the footpath sign by the wooden bridge has not been replaced after the last accident. The path is also very narrow. Cllr Marshall will report this to Bridleways.
  1. Date of Next Meeting: 30th November 2017.

The meeting closed at 8.10pm.

 

27th July 2017  MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

  1. Present: S. Marshall, B. Dunn, A. Lagden and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  2. Apologies: Cllr G. Spurdens.

The resignation of Cllr. S. Sykes was noted.

No member of the public attended the meeting.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr S. Marshall and Seconded: Cllr B. Dunn.

 

  1. Matters Arising:

Drainage concerns: the blocked gullies along Darrington road have hopefully been repaired.

 

  1. Accounts: Cllr Lagden reported that the current balance is £2647.69. A query from the external auditors re the Annual Return has been received which he will send to Mr John Ransome for his attention.

 

  1. Highways: See Matters Arising above.

 

  1. Planning: there is no news re the proposed development on the paddock. A letter was sent to the council planning dept. re the planning application by Mayfield caravans.

 

  1. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct, Weekly planning lists, Newsletters from YLCA, White Rose Newsletter, Register of Electors, Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group, Wakefield branch meeting details, Eggborough power station development with CD – please contact the Clerk to view this. Letter of resignation from Cllr Sykes, the Clerk will write to thank him for his service.

 

  1. Any Other Business:
  • Broadband Superfast boxes have appeared in the village apparently scheduled to operate from August. No information had been received regarding this.
  • Stone on bridge – a quote of £600 has been received. Cllr Marshall will get an alternative quote.
  • Thanks to Les Driffield for planting the planter at the top of Common Piece Lane – Clerk to add to website.
  • The clerk was asked to contact WMDC for a Nomination form.
  • Smiley Sid – we are awaiting notification of when this will be available for the village.
  • Storage needed for past papers of the PC. Cllr Lagden will research a suitable lockable cupboard and Cllr Marshall will contact at the village hall re storage.
  • Village school building: this is now falling into dereliction and there is much sadness that this iconic old building is so neglected and concern that is now unsafe. The whereabouts of the owner is unknown although there has been significant interest from people wishing to purchase the building.
  1. Date of next Meeting: Thursday September 28th

The meeting closed at 8.05pm.

 

 

25th May 2017 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

 

  1. Present: S. Marshall, B. Dunn, A. Lagden, Cllr. S. Sykes and Clerk Ms J. Kendall.
  2. Apologies: Cllr G. Spurdens.

 

One member of the public attended the meeting.

 

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: These were accepted as read. Proposed: Cllr S. Marshall and Seconded: Cllr B. Dunn.

 

  1. Matters Arising:
    1. Transparency Code funding: the application was successful. The Clerk will apply for this year’s funding.
    2. Website compliance: information received from the PC was uploaded to the website.
    3. Drainage concerns: the work to unblock the gullies along Darrington road is still on-going. The main drain has collapsed.

 

  1. Accounts: £50 was paid for IT support.

 

  1. Highways: See Matters Arising above.

 

  1. Planning: Permission for two houses on the paddock is going ahead. An archaeological dig is needed before work can proceed.

An email had been received from Gill Hepworth on Doncaster road asking for the PC to support their objection to a planning application by Mayfield caravans. It was agreed to support this request and the Clerk will draft a letter.

 

  1. Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct, Weekly planning lists, Newsletters from YLCA, White Rose Newsletter, YLCA funding update, Register of Electors, Agenda for Town and Parish Council liaison group, Wakefield branch meeting details, notice of election – displayed.

Emails asking about booking of village hall – referred to Mrs Anne Stark.

Email notifying the PC about changes to buses

A request for a donation to the Village show – It was agreed to donate £50.

A request for information on motorhome parking – the Clerk will recommend that a letter is posted through the letterbox at the cricket ground.

 

  1. Any Other Business: None

 

  1. Date of next Meeting: 27th The meeting closed at 7.45pm.

The successful Village Watch scheme was discussed, contact 07762943379 for further information.